function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RathishRathish 

Accessing Custom object through Web service API

Hi,

I am using the web service API version 7.0. I am able to access some of the custom objects and fields created in SFDC. I cerated a new custom object in SFDC. I am unable to access the newly created custom object. How to access this custom object through .net code.

Please help.

Regards.
Rathish
AcronymAcronym
Custom objects are accessed the same way as standard objects.  You just have to remember to enter the correct object name.  Custom objects always have __c (that's 2 underscords and the letter c) appended to the name.  You can see this in the results of a describeGlobal call.

RathishRathish
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
I have already added the web reference to my Solution for accessing SFDC objects. But I am unable to access a newly created custom object. Do I need to delete and create the web reference again using this URL (https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/7.0) to get access to the new custom object through code.

Ragards,
Rathish.

DevAngelDevAngel
Well, If you are using the enterprise wsdl to have concrete classes created for each object, the answer is yes, you will need to download and update the web reference each time you do that.

On the other hand, the partner wsdl is designed to allow you to access new objects without updating the web reference. 
RathishRathish

Hi,

Thanks for you reply. I am using enterprise wsdl.

I downloaded the new wsdl and tried. Now I am able to access the newly created custom objects.

Thanks and Regards

Rathish.