function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LosintikfosLosintikfos 

Setting up eclipse enviroment! New to Salesforce

I'm trying to setup eclipse for sforce api development enviroment!

I had already dowloaded and install :

jdk1.6.0_06

jre6

plus i have also install

axis1.4 on Apache tomcat6 Plus Eclipse with WSDL2Java Plugin from http://sforce.sourceforge.net/

HONESTLY, I'm LOST right now and can't figure out the steps to setup eclipse and be able to start using sforce API

Did tried to work around by placing the pluggin com.myspotter.wsdl2java_1.2.0 into eclipse pluggin directory;

Then created a dynamic web project in eclipse, added the liabraries in axis\WEB-INF\lib into my oroject build path.

After i downloaded the enterprise WSDL and saved it onto a directory on my project area.

Then i imported into my dynamic web project, right clicked on it to select WSDL2JAVA and generate - which did generate all the object. Cool:smileysurprised:

Now i have created a servlet which contains the sample wrapper class and doesnt seem to resolve the import as shown below eventhough the objects have been generated.

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.AssignmentRuleHeader;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.LoginResult;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.QueryOptions;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.QueryResult;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SaveResult;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SessionHeader;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SforceServiceLocator;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SoapBindingStub;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.fault.InvalidIdFault;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.fault.InvalidSObjectFault;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.fault.LoginFault;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.fault.UnexpectedErrorFault;

import com.sforce.soap.enterprise.sobject.SObject;

Do anyone know what i am doing wrong? help me experts:smileysad: - is taking me more than a week to setup my enviroment for this project.

PS. The WSDL objects are generated in a directory stracture instead of package reference structure in source -- do anyone know why?

Please Help

LosintikfosLosintikfos
i have been able to sort this isssue out! will compile an instruction and post it on soon.
LimenitisLimenitis

Hi all ,

Can you please help me out for the following issue..

See i have Created a Force.com IDE in my Eclipse environment 3.3, now i am able to extract the data through the userid and password but not able to move it to a text file , is there any possibility to achieve this task , please let me know it any...

Seeking your reply soon

thanks ,

Sharma ramanathan 

LosintikfosLosintikfos
Hi There,

Can you make your request more self explanatory pls:smileywink: