function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LosintikfosLosintikfos 

Basic Access!

Hi Experts,

I am trying to develop a system which uses s-control or apex to access my internal RDBMS and display data on the salesforce web portal. Do anyone know how to hit the ground running with this one? I have already deployed a javaBean as a WSDL service or WService and want to know how to interface this with to access data from salesforce portal.

Any sample code or kick start advice will be very essential.

B:smileyhappy:

LosintikfosLosintikfos
Any psuedocode for this request?
LosintikfosLosintikfos
Any outbound message listener sample code in java or apex?
SuperfellSuperfell
There .NET and Java OM samples on the Wiki.
SuperfellSuperfell
You might have better luck asking more targeted questions. try reading http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
SuperfellSuperfell
there's a WSDL2Apex tool that'll let you call your webservice via apex code. You can then call your apex code from an s-control or VF Page. alternatively you can use the remoteProxy feature, which'll let you make requests to your server via the salesforce.com server from javascript (you need to do this because of the browsers same origin policy). Both of these approaches will require your web service to be accessible via the internet.

The other option would be to have your internal server present the UI for your data, and embed it into salesforce using a webtab. (this has the advantage of not needing external access to your server)
LosintikfosLosintikfos
I have followed the step by step guide to setting up an outbound message on sandbox. I clicked on the URL from salesforce and can open WSDL published on my internal Axis server - because the port has been open to the internet.

Using the WSDL i have generated some java object in development area. QUick question! do anyone know how to start programming salesforce to update my internal database?

Advice or psuedocode will be much appreciated.
LosintikfosLosintikfos
Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply find it really useful.
My problem is i am new to salesforce and staying up late all day trying to catch up alot with it so i can contribute alot to the forum.

QUick one! do you have any link to where i can download this WSDL to Apex and instrcutions on how to use it (sample code)?

Help!
JPSeaburyJPSeabury