function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lopezclopezc 

IOException: Unable to tunnel through my proxy

Hi,

I have my sandbox project created in Eclipse but when I try to refresh it from the server it gives me the error:

Unable to tunnel through my proxy. Proxy returns "http/1.1 407 Proxy Authentication Required"

I have already done the proxy setup in preferences > Network connections. My proxy doesn't need any Authentication.
Still error is there. Please help me regarding this, not able to go ahead.......

thanks!
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SuperfellSuperfell
If you're using the eclipse plugin i'm not sure that the plugin uses the eclipse settings, or if it has its own proxy setting, you might want to look into that.

All Answers

SuperfellSuperfell
You may not think your proxy requires authentication, but your proxy server clearly does.
Raghu_devRaghu_dev

Hello Simon, 

I am facing the same problem even after setting up all the proxy values in eclipse. My proxy does need authentication and since I am using eclipse 3.4 which does have a "Use system settings for proxy" I opted that setting on eclipse but I am still getting the same error. Would you please let me know if there is a solution hidden for this. 

I have been through several threads on this forum but none was closed with solution. Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you

Raghu 

SuperfellSuperfell
If you're using the eclipse plugin i'm not sure that the plugin uses the eclipse settings, or if it has its own proxy setting, you might want to look into that.
This was selected as the best answer
Raghu_devRaghu_dev
I am using force.com ide on eclipse. And I believe this Ide uses eclipse proxy settings.