function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EIE50EIE50 

Any hack for single sign on?

Hi,

Does anybody know an alternate way around for single sign on implementation for sites without using SAML and Delegated authentication.

Thanks

ReidCReidC
Can you post more about what your end goal is?  Those are the SSO tools of choice.  Is there something you're not getting from them?
EIE50EIE50

Hi,

Our system doesnt support SAML at the movement and the user login should take place in our system, so we cant use delegated too. So just thinking about the possibilities of achiveing sso without using saml and delegated auth.

Thanks.

ReidCReidC

I've used delegated auth in the past to accomplish something similar.  Basically the link from your system to SFDC includes a token indicating the user has logged in.  When the user clicks that link to SFDC, sfdc will then send that link back to the delegated auth link you have configured and your system can then validate it. 

Have you tried that and it won't work?

EIE50EIE50

Hi,

As the username and password should be maintained on the salesforce side for delegated auth, our company ruled out this option. So still lokking for other options.

Thanks.

SuperfellSuperfell
for delegated auth, salesforce.com is not managing the password.
datekaroradatekarora

We are planning to use the delegated authentication. Can some one please share the java code on how to generate a token that needs to be passed to SFDC?

ReidCReidC

The token is generated by your system.  SFDC accepts the token and then sends it BACK to you for validation.  As long as your service validates it, you're good to go.

datekaroradatekarora

Thanks for reply. I understand that our system needs to generate the token and pass it to.

What I am requesting is that if someone had coded the logic ( in java ) to generate, encrypt the token and can share the steps or code for it then I don't have to reinvent the wheel. ( I will be using jdk1.5 and OC4j app server for deployment of my service)