function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pbalapbala 

How to access custom Force.com Web services from java

Hi,

I have created a custom web service method in salesforce. I have generated the wsdl and provided to the java developer. How can the java developer access my custom web service method ? My web service doesnt have any login method. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bala

SuperfellSuperfell
You use the login method from the standard partner or enterprise APIs (or use one of the other methods for getting a sessionId)
pbalapbala

Hi Simon,

But the login method is in enterprise wsdl. The custom web service doesnt have login method. Please advise on how to procced with it.

Thanks,

Bala

SuperfellSuperfell
You use both the enterprise (or partner) api and your custom wsdl together, just import both of them.
venomousbloodvenomousblood

Need to understand whether it would be the right approach to give Enterprise wsdl just for Login purpose to external application while using real-time integration.i believe it would also expose all methods and complete configuration which ideally is incorrect.so how do we allow external app to login to SFDC as the custom webservice doent have login method.Please suggest.