function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
d3developerd3developer 

"Java.net.Proxy is a restricted class" error with partner WSDL on Google App Engine

I'm simply going through the hello world example from the docs for Google App Engine with Eclipse 3.4, App Engine SDK 1.3.1, and wsc-gae-16_0.jar on OS X 10.6.2.

I've deployed other test apps on my Google App Engine account and they work fine.

But whenever I try to run my "hello world" app, I get the following error:

Uncaught exception from servlet java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java.net.Proxy is a restricted class. Please see the Google App Engine developer's guide for more details. at com.google.apphosting.runtime.security.shared.stub.java.net.Proxy.<clinit>(Proxy.java) at com.sforce.ws.ConnectorConfig.<init>(ConnectorConfig.java:60) at com.sforce.ws.ConnectorConfig.<clinit>(ConnectorConfig.java:66) at com.joeldietz.wave.RocheSFDCConnector.getConnection(RocheSFDCConnector.java:56) at com.joeldietz.wave.RocheSFDCConnector.doGet(RocheSFDCConnector.java:27) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:693) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:806) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166) at com.google.apphosting.utils.servlet.ParseBlobUploadFilter.doFilter(ParseBlobUploadFilter.java:97) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157) at com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.SaveSessionFilter.doFilter(SaveSessionFilter.java:35) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157) at com.google.apphosting.utils.servlet.TransactionCleanupFilter.doFilter(TransactionCleanupFilter.java:43) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388) at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765) at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:418) at com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.AppVersionHandlerMap.handle(AppVersionHandlerMap.java:238) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:923) at com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.RpcRequestParser.parseAvailable(RpcRequestParser.java:76) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404) at com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.JettyServletEngineAdapter.serviceRequest(JettyServletEngineAdapter.java:135) at com.google.apphosting.runtime.JavaRuntime.handleRequest(JavaRuntime.java:243) at com.google.apphosting.base.RuntimePb$EvaluationRuntime$6.handleBlockingRequest(RuntimePb.java:5485) at com.google.apphosting.base.RuntimePb$EvaluationRuntime$6.handleBlockingRequest(RuntimePb.java:5483) at com.google.net.rpc.impl.BlockingApplicationHandler.handleRequest(BlockingApplicationHandler.java:24) at com.google.net.rpc.impl.RpcUtil.runRpcInApplication(RpcUtil.java:398) at com.google.net.rpc.impl.Server$2.run(Server.java:852) at com.google.tracing.LocalTraceSpanRunnable.run(LocalTraceSpanRunnable.java:56) at com.google.tracing.LocalTraceSpanBuilder.internalContinueSpan(LocalTraceSpanBuilder.java:536) at com.google.net.rpc.impl.Server.startRpc(Server.java:807) at com.google.net.rpc.impl.Server.processRequest(Server.java:369) at com.google.net.rpc.impl.ServerConnection.messageReceived(ServerConnection.java:442) at com.google.net.rpc.impl.RpcConnection.parseMessages(RpcConnection.java:319) at com.google.net.rpc.impl.RpcConnection.dataReceived(RpcConnection.java:290) at com.google.net.async.Connection.handleReadEvent(Connection.java:474) at com.google.net.async.EventDispatcher.processNetworkEvents(EventDispatcher.java:831) at com.google.net.async.EventDispatcher.internalLoop(EventDispatcher.java:207) at com.google.net.async.EventDispatcher.loop(EventDispatcher.java:103) at com.google.net.rpc.RpcService.runUntilServerShutdown(RpcService.java:251) at com.google.apphosting.runtime.JavaRuntime$RpcRunnable.run(JavaRuntime.java:404) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Unexpected exception from servlet: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java.net.Proxy is a restricted class. Please see the Google App Engine developer's guide for more details.

Not quite sure what the problem could be. 

FYI, I also tried something similar with the Enterperise WSDL and got the same error. 

d3developerd3developer
Issue appears to be w/ the wsc file, as noted on the google code site.
Ron HessRon Hess
what version of java on the mac are you running?
d3developerd3developer

1.6.0_19

diodio
Chirag MehtaChirag Mehta

It worked. Thanks everyone for this post!

sfdatacruncher2sfdatacruncher2

Looks like the blog at http://blog.cloudwhiz.com/2009/09/invoking-web-service-in-app-engine.html is no longer available, and I'm running into the same issue. Can someone provide the blog comment that had the solution? Thank you!

LuayLuay

I have also the same problem,  Help!:smileyhappy:

DaesunDaesun

ConnectorConfig config = new ConnectorConfig();

config.setTransport(GaeHttpTransport.class);

config.setUsername(username);

config.setPassword(password);

connection = Connector.newConnection(config);