function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MaiaMaia 

Salesforce Standard Objects

Hello!

I m working on import data from Salesforce. My boss asked to try to find three standard objects and import data from  them:

-Companies

-Contacts

-Location (a place, Latitude, Longitude, this kind of stuffs releated to locations)

I found Organization  and I suppose it's the company data. I also found Contact and I couldn t find any Object with data releated to Location.

I have two questions:

1) Is there a similiar standard object corresponding a location data?

2) Is there a relationship between Organization and Contact? I mean a foreign key like: these are all the contacts from this organization?

Thanks!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
wt35wt35

Usually Companies are stored in the Account objects. They are not stored in Organization, by design the Organization table only contains some general settings of your company when using Salesforce, so nothing to do with Business accounts.

Contacts are stored in the Contacts tab.

Location is not a standard object, so it is probably a custom object created by your company.

you can find a list of all standard objects here:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_list.htm

All Answers

wt35wt35

Usually Companies are stored in the Account objects. They are not stored in Organization, by design the Organization table only contains some general settings of your company when using Salesforce, so nothing to do with Business accounts.

Contacts are stored in the Contacts tab.

Location is not a standard object, so it is probably a custom object created by your company.

you can find a list of all standard objects here:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_list.htm

This was selected as the best answer
MaiaMaia

Thanks a lot! It was really usuful