function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CSBCSB 

.Net Connection terminated diagnosis

I am trying to diagnose a problem with a login call from an ASP.NET application.  When I call login I get a connection is teminate "Could not establish secure channel for SSL" error.

The code works from several different networks, but not the one in question, where we want to run the code from.

The IT group says they've removed all proxies and firewalls.  Any ideas on how to get more detailed information, or suggestions on what might be causing this?

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi CSB,

No sure what the problem is but googling "Could not establish secure channel for SSL" .net provided lots of articles.  One in particular looked like it might actually have a reasonable solution to try:

http://www.dotnetmonster.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/asp-net-web-services/2413/Erratic-SSL-Error-Could-not-establish-secure-channel

To get rid of this problem, a work around that is effective is to disable
keep-alives in the generated .NET proxy client.  What is happening is that
the reused connection gets closed, but the proxy isn't accounting for this
so it tries to use a dead connection.  The work around is to prevent the
proxy from making a request with keep-alives enabled.

mandarmandar

Dave,

I'm running into the same problem with "EXCEPTION - The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish secure channel for SSL/TLS" on .Net. 

Do you know how one would go about disabling keepalives in the generated .NET proxy client? Is this some setting that needs to be changed in a place like the machine.config or does this require writing some more code in .Net?

A snippet of code if needed would really be useful.