function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tommytxtommytx 

Question for Board Mgmt....

Is it A NoNo to use the drop down to subscribe to a board category?  As I did and got the new stuff for a couple of days then it shut down.  I am spending 24x7 trying to learn Apex and subscribed to the Apex Board... and viewed almost all questions and by gosh even was able to comment on a few of the basic ones.. but now i get Zero threads not even the ones I started..

So bottom line does the rules somewhere say we have a drop down for you to subscribe to the entire section but if you use it we will shut down every last subscription you have....

It this is not valid can someone check my subscription to see what has gone wrong.. I was learning a lot just by reading the new questions.....  I would even go and try to find and answer to that question by research... and found a couple... was learning a lot..

Thanks Mgmt for looking into this.

I did check and my subscription is still in place... not unsubscribed.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
thisisnotaprilthisisnotapril
No problem to subscribe to a category, though you may find subscribing via RSS to work better than via email. :)

Can you tell me exactly which date you stopped receiving the emails? I can do some digging in to why that might have happened. Also, have you checked with you email provider to ensure they're not routing the emails to some folder by chance?

All Answers

thisisnotaprilthisisnotapril
No problem to subscribe to a category, though you may find subscribing via RSS to work better than via email. :)

Can you tell me exactly which date you stopped receiving the emails? I can do some digging in to why that might have happened. Also, have you checked with you email provider to ensure they're not routing the emails to some folder by chance?
This was selected as the best answer
tommytxtommytx
Thanks.. not sure what happened.. .but got a ton of them this AM something had held them up.... Not sure about the use of a Feed reader... never tried that... is there a best Free one... maybe I will try it...