function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PlarentPlarent 

Send one email with multiple records in it

Hi,

I have a custom Object called IS Tasks.  Each of the records in this object has an owner.  I would like to send multiple records via email to remind the owners to complete the tasks.  I do not want to send 1 email per record.  Rather 1 email per owner with multiple records inside.  Can you help?

Can you give me some idea of:

1.  How to create the notification template

2.  How do I set the workflow rule to send this?

Thanks!

Cloud CredenceCloud Credence

Hi,

I think Workflow rules fire for every record meeting the entry criteria. Hence it will trigger one email per record meeting the critiera. Its not possible to send one email per owner using workflow.

This can be achieved by Apex Programming and on click of a button, an email in predefined content can be sent.

Experts, please let me know if there is a way to do this using workflow or mass emails or any other configuration means.

Thanks

PlarentPlarent

When you say "This can be achieved by Apex Programming and on click of a button, an email in predefined content can be sent.".  What do you mean by that?  Basically, would that email still be sent on a schedule (like daily) and how would that email be triggered?  I am looking for it to be trigger automatically by the system instead of manually through the push of a button.

Thanks,

Plarent

Cloud CredenceCloud Credence

Hi Plarent,

Yes, the Apex Class can be scheduled to execute at a desired frequency. No need to click the button.

We have to use Schedule Apex feature.

Thanks