function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sivakumari2iSivakumari2i 

Permission sets to a user

Hi,

I am the administrator and i have created a New User with Profile as Standard User in my developer account in force.com,

So that New User can view and create new opportunities in the Opportunities table(Standard Object).

Is there any way to restrict him in creating new opportunities in Opportunities table(Standard Object) by adding permission set matching that profile?

And New user is also able to view the opportunities created by other users top in the hierarchy? Is there any way to restrict him to view only the Opportunities of Users lower than his hierarchy?

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

Hi 

By Permission set you can not restict user to do any action . Permission set is always created to provide extra permission. 

You should opt some other profile which does not have accessibility of Opportunity. 

OR

if You want to restrict new user to access your Opportunity then it may be handeled by creating sharing rules. 

Setup>Administration Setup>Security Controls> Sharing setting

Please mark my answer as solution and give me kudos if it helps you.

Sivakumari2iSivakumari2i
Hey thanks. but you can use sharing rules only to grant wider access to data, not to restrict access.
Sivakumari2iSivakumari2i

Actually, Sharing rules can never be stricter than your organization-wide default settings. They simply allow greater access for particular users.