function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nithin_007Nithin_007 

TAB for a custom object not visible

Hello,

I created two custom object for my application and created tabs as well. every thing is visible for me and working perfect

I have admin profile for my self in sandbox where the application is present, i created 2 other profile for users with different permission sets 

In Both the profile and persmision set - i have give different criter but TAB is visible 

but when i log in as a user, all i can see is only one tab for only one custom object out of two - other one is not shown, both the custom object have same setting in profile and permission set 

when i make the tab of object that isn't visible as default object for that app, now when i log in as user - it still tab not visible but salesforce is diaplaying "Insufficient Privileges: You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary

I have tried lot of thing non seems to work - if any one has any ideas or suggestion 

would be great help

thanks

Devender MDevender M

Check the object level security.

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

You need to make sure that tab is visible on profile ( please check on profile) and not make sure also that App you have selected in that Tab of objects should be included.

Jenny Council 9Jenny Council 9
This is an old question, but I had the same problem; users showing "Insufficient privilages" when all object permissions appeared correct.  In my case there were some VF pages that were activating which the users did not have permissions to.

In profiles, give users access to all VF pages and see if that fixes it.
Anmol Kumar 29Anmol Kumar 29
Tab based on custom object to be visible:
- Profile should have access to object.
- App should have access.
- custom object should be in "Deploy" status.
- Of course tab should be accessible to profile.