function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bohemianguy100bohemianguy100 

unable to add content lookup field

Is there a way to create a lookup field to content on a custom object?  For example, I have a custom object called "Materials Presented", which is the detail object to a custom object "Call Report" that is the master object.  I want to include a lookup field to "Content" on the "Materials Presented" object.  Is this possible?

So, a Call Report record can have many Material Presented records that are pointing to different content records. I see no way to create this relationship. 

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

You can't create lookup od content object on any other object but you can provide this funtionality by opening a child window ( vf page) and in this window you can provide same look and feel as we have on lookup pop-up.

When user select any content then this selected id would be stored on one Text type custom field ( just create this field to hold id of selected content on your cuistom object).

I hope this will make your requriement completed.

bohemianguy100bohemianguy100

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your reply.  I am using Salesforce Content (the standard Content object in Salesforce to store documents...i.e. pdf's, docx, xlsx, pptx).  What I was trying to do is create a lookup field on my custom object called "Materials_Presented__c" that is lookijg up to the Content object.  I'm assuming this relationship cannot be directly created?

You are saying I can copy the content id and then populate into a text field, correct?  Unfortunately, that will not meet my requirements.  I need to establish an actual link (many-to-many relationship).

Any other way to accomplish that with the Content object in Salesforce?