function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GSBassoGSBasso 

Who does "Current User" represent when setting up a filter for an approval step?

Hi,

In the Approve New Position approval process for the sample recruiting application (see link below) I'm wondering about the filter for the 2nd step in the approval process.

One of the constraints is to bypass the step if the CEO already approved the new position (in the first step). I've setup the approval process (including the steps) as documented but when I submitted a new position as one of the CEO's direct reports (with a minimum salary of over $150,000) a second approval (by the CEO) is still required and I'm trying to understand why.

If "Current User" represents the person who originally submitted the request (in this case a direct report of the CEO) then the 2nd step should have been bypassed (assuming the Manager field has been correctly popluated, which it has)

On the other hand, if, at the second step, "Current User" is now the person who approved the request in the first step (in this case the CEO) then the filter on the second step is incorrect.

Anyone ever work through the sample approval process for the recruiting application?

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/fundamentals/Content/adg_workflow_approvals.htm