function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bkradminbkradmin 

Customizing Campaigns to work with Accounts

Hi, we need to get campaigns to work with Accounts instead of contacts or leads. We need to be able to directly add accounts, and we need accounts to be able to be "campaign members" directly - not through contacts or leads. I realize this will likely involve some customization, but I have no idea what level of customization we are looking at. Can anyone suggest a way forward? The less customization the better. Thanks!

kreshokresho

Normally the process is to create leads on a campaign, and then convert the leads into opportunities, accounts and contacts. Campaign members can be leads, contacts and person accounts. Person accounts have to be enabled for you by salesforce support, and they don't have the contacts related list. A person account is basically a merged account and contact object into one.

It is not possible to add regular accounts to the Campaign members related list, but you can have a separate list on the campaign object listing accounts that originated from it. For that you would need a lookup field on the account to lead, and workflow rule to populate it when the account is created. With this approach you would not be able to utilize the built-in reports on campaign members, but you would have to rebuild them yourself.

With more information on what exactly you would like to achieve the best approach can be selected.

Regards,
Kresimir
Apex Editor LS - free alternative to Force.com apex editor.
Give kudos (click blue star under my icon) if this was useful

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

As per now this feature is not available directly