function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RytomRytom 

Setting up Force.com IDE

Hi,

I'm having some issues setting up the stand-alone Force.com IDE (not installing it as a java add-on).

At first, I created my own developer's account and managed to get the IDE working after I reset and entered in my security token. Recently, I decided to link the IDE to my sandbox, so I created a new project in the IDE and I linked it to my sandbox account. However, when I clicked finish to start up the project, I would receive this error message:

Description Resource Path Location Type Save error: Unable to perform save on all files: com.salesforce.ide.api.metadata.types.Metadata$JaxbAccessorF_fullName cannot be cast to com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.Accessor

After stumbling arond for a little bit, I decided to go back to my own project (on my own developer account) but when I do, I started getting the same exact error message as above now. Not too sure what to do at this point, if anyone has any tips/suggestions that would be greatly appreciated!

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

What version of Java are you running?  I seem to recall seeing an error of this nature when I auto-upgraded to JDK1.7.  When I reverted to JDK 1.6 everything started working again.