function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
vasu takasivasu takasi 

How to Log out from eclipse Ide

Hi

I had created a force.com project using Eclipse ide.

Because of security reasons i want to log out from that particular project after completion of my work.

Is it Possible.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Think logical and physical security...

1) Store the workspace and Eclipse folder within a folder that has permissions only for your account (in ~ using chmod 700 for Unix, or a folder with ACL for just your user account in Windows).

2) Apply encryption to the folder or drive, if possible.

3) Do not leave your desktop unattended (e.g. lock your desktop when you leave your computer).

As you add layers of security, it will prevent access to the code. Even if you could "log out" of the IDE, if someone modified your code Offline and you didn't catch it, you could still upload their changes the next time you built the project.

All Answers

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

Eclipse IDE is a software development environment. IDEs contain compiler, interpreter, or both, such as Microsoft Visual Studio and Eclipse. For IDE we start and we exit. LOGIN/LOGOUT is only for web-applications and Sites not for the IDEs.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

LegendLegend

Hi,

You can go offline in Eclipse IDE.

Right Click on your project > Force.com > Work Offline. 

vasu takasivasu takasi

but in IDE any one can access and modify my data(classes,pages etc).

so i want to protect my data in IDE.

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Think logical and physical security...

1) Store the workspace and Eclipse folder within a folder that has permissions only for your account (in ~ using chmod 700 for Unix, or a folder with ACL for just your user account in Windows).

2) Apply encryption to the folder or drive, if possible.

3) Do not leave your desktop unattended (e.g. lock your desktop when you leave your computer).

As you add layers of security, it will prevent access to the code. Even if you could "log out" of the IDE, if someone modified your code Offline and you didn't catch it, you could still upload their changes the next time you built the project.

This was selected as the best answer