function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mark RobertsMark Roberts 

How do I get the CreatedDate unlocked for Tasks?

Hello - I want to do a mass import of Tasks against Contacts from our previous CRM.

I cannot set the CreationDate and apparently need to enable this to be ediable. I have asked our account manager with SalesForce about this, but have had no reply.

I would consider adding a custom fields to represent the date I want, but it doesn't appear that SF allows one to add custom fields to tasks.

Am I being stupid? this seems to be unduely complicated to do :(

Mark

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

1) You add fields to "activities" (tasks and events). You can choose to have it display/hide for one or the other, as you see fit. To this end, take a look at setup > customize > activities > activity custom fields. Some restrictions apply.

2) To actually insert into the Created By, Last Modified By, Created Date, and Last Modified Date fields, you need the Createable Audit Fields permission. This can be turned on/off by Technical Support. Submit a case stating the business reason, the effective start date, and duration you'd like it enabled for. Please read the Help & Training bit on this first.

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

1) You add fields to "activities" (tasks and events). You can choose to have it display/hide for one or the other, as you see fit. To this end, take a look at setup > customize > activities > activity custom fields. Some restrictions apply.

2) To actually insert into the Created By, Last Modified By, Created Date, and Last Modified Date fields, you need the Createable Audit Fields permission. This can be turned on/off by Technical Support. Submit a case stating the business reason, the effective start date, and duration you'd like it enabled for. Please read the Help & Training bit on this first.

This was selected as the best answer
Mark RobertsMark Roberts

Thanks - I have now added an additional date column and an external ID column, so all good :)