function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ritika JRitika J 

Email2Case on Demand

Hi,

Can anybody tell me how to stamp fields on cases from emails.I am using email2case on demand.

thanks in advance,

Ritika

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

Salesforce can automatically create a case when an email is sent to one of your company's email addresses, such as support@company.com. This Email-to-Case functionality auto-populates case fields from the content of each email. For example, an email subject heading becomes a case subject. Your organization can set up Email-to-Case or On-Demand Email-to-Case to efficiently resolve and correspond with customer inquiries via email.

For more detail follow the below link:

https://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/customizesupport_email.htm

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

*werewolf**werewolf*

I suspect what you're really asking is how to use workflow to update fields on the case.  You can do so like this.  You can also use Apex triggers on EmailMessage to do more advanced things like parsing stuff out of the email.

Ritika JRitika J

Hi

I know salesforce can automatically create case , it stamps the fields like subject and description.But what we need to do if we want to stamp custom fields with some values from the email.

Thanks

Ritika