function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TrimbleAgTrimbleAg 

Case Management Question

Looking for some ways to handle this issue:

If a case is status is either (Awaiting Customer Response, Solution Provided) we want the system to send them a e-mail in the following order.

1) At Save (This is the easy one)
2) 24 Hours Later (If the Status has not changed)
3) 48 Hours Later (If the Status has not changed)
4) at 120 hours if the case status has not changed, we want in to send out a new template to the contact that we will be closing the case, then have the system update the status of the case to closed.

What would you suggest? Time based Workflows will not work because they are added to the queue at the save date regardless if the status changes they will continue to fire through all 4 steps. The Case escalation process will not work because you can only select licensed users to notify and does not support field updates.

My developer said a trigger wouldnt work unless it has a scheduler, but he is worried that this would affect the 500 e-mail daily email limit.

Thanks,
PB

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
TheIntegratorTheIntegrator

Time based workflow will work fine, here is a statement from its definition

"Time-dependent actions remain in the workflow queue only as long as the workflow rule criteria are still valid. If a record no longer matches the rule criteria, Salesforce removes the time-dependent actions queued for that record."

https://ap1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/workflow_time_action_considerations.htm

All Answers

TheIntegratorTheIntegrator

Time based workflow will work fine, here is a statement from its definition

"Time-dependent actions remain in the workflow queue only as long as the workflow rule criteria are still valid. If a record no longer matches the rule criteria, Salesforce removes the time-dependent actions queued for that record."

https://ap1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/workflow_time_action_considerations.htm

This was selected as the best answer
TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

That should work then, I talked to my Developer (Who told me this would not work this way) who is 501 certified, so I never bothered to check. lol