function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
apex_keenapex_keen 

Hide fields after submit

Hi,

would like to know, if there any way exist, without writing vf page, to hide fields in view mode?

Actually, I want userto enter values in fields say having names A, B & C. But after submit, I want
A, B & C should not appear. Instead I want to show concatenated result of A+B+C, in another field say D.

would that be possible to hide A,B &C after submit, without writing VF pages?

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

I think without vf page this is not possible to hide the field in view page but display when user enter the record. You have to create a Vf page for view page.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

venkat-Dvenkat-D

You can not hide fields after the submission without vf page. The best you can do is make them as Read only with record types and page layouts or enforcing the user not to change the values once they are inserted.

mike4adaymike4aday
I think that changing the record type upon submission is a good idea - maybe better than a VF page for your needs... The post-submission record type would have a different page layout assigned to it, and the page layout would not include the fields you want to hide. You could also add a formula field to that new page layout which concatenates the other, "hidden" field values.