function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
truebruceleetruebrucelee 

Validation rule error messages don't appear against field on Contact object

Hi,

i have a problem with validation rule on Contact object, Email field. Validation rule is blocking the execution fine, but the error is not appearing against the field.

i turned off all other vaidation rules and triggers just in case and still same result.

The same thing happens even if you modify the validattion rule logic just to TRUE. So the logic is not the issue here.

If i assign the error message output to a different fields, the error message is also not appearing. It does apear only when I assign the error message output to top of the page or to a field that is a merge field eg. First Name.

Do you have any ideas what kind of dependency is causing this issue? Because it is simple validation rule and I know it was working before but somehow I can't trace why it is not working now.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
truebruceleetruebrucelee

It looks like it was sth on Salesforce side. The support didn't provide the issue description though.

All Answers

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

If it is possible can you post your validation rule with validation rule criteria?

truebruceleetruebrucelee

It doesn't matter what is there in validation rule: I was testing it with validation rule explicitly defined as "true". So it was never allowing the record to save.

truebruceleetruebrucelee

It looks like it was sth on Salesforce side. The support didn't provide the issue description though.

This was selected as the best answer