function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Arup SarkarArup Sarkar 

Billing Address field in Account object

Hi:

I am using BulkAPI to load csv data into account object, Account Name, Account Site, Type, Industry fields are getting loaded fine, but I am not being able to load Billing Address field.

The data type of the Billing Address field is Address, in the UI a small pop up screen has individual address fields like Billing Street, Billing State etc.

How can I load Billing Address data from csv to the individual fields?

Regards,

Arup

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
jphalejphale

The definition of the fields to use for the API can be found here.

Account API Reference

You can pass the individual fields through the API and they are 'rejoined' in the SFDC User Interface.

All Answers

Arup SarkarArup Sarkar

I forgot to mention that I am using JAVA to access BulkAPI, considering that I request the moderator to move this post to REST API Integration or Java Development whichever is appropiate.

Regards,

Arup

jphalejphale

The definition of the fields to use for the API can be found here.

Account API Reference

You can pass the individual fields through the API and they are 'rejoined' in the SFDC User Interface.

This was selected as the best answer
Ritesh AswaneyRitesh Aswaney

BillingAddress is a composite field which displays as a TextArea in the UI and also in the UI Setup Menu, but its actually comrprised of individual address fields - Street, City, State, Zip. You can look at these fields in the Schema Exporer in the Force.com IDE or SOQl Explorer if you're using a Mac

SteveLSteveL

Where do you go to actually see what the composite fields are made up of. The field BillingAddress doesn't show in the Force.com IDE under salesforce.schema, only the individual address fields. In the UI Setup area, where it does show the field BillingAddress, it only shows that it is of type Address and doesn't tell you what fields it is made up of.