function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Web UserWeb User 

Many to many relationships

Good morning,

I thought I'd ask this question in case there was a standard way to implement many to many relationships.

What is the best way to represent many to many relationships within salesforce. I'm used to simply creating a new table to store both IDs, but don't know whether this is efficient in salesforce and the simplicity (if possible) of using a case for page layouts etc.

Thank you for your time,

Lloyd

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
CLKCLK
You are doing perfect. Salesforce recommends junction object having two master-detail relationship field for many-to-many relationship.

All Answers

CLKCLK
You are doing perfect. Salesforce recommends junction object having two master-detail relationship field for many-to-many relationship.
This was selected as the best answer
Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

Thats the way to it in salesforce 

read this for more : http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/relationships_among_objects.htm

ChersNCChersNC

HI, I've set up a junction object for many-to-many relationship for two custom objects - Managers and the customers they are responsible for. I can add the manager to the customer, and visa versa manually, but I have 400 customers that I need to add with corresponding account managers. How can I upload the many to many relationship fields with the import to custom objects wizard? The junction object I created does not display in the list of custom objects in the import wizard. The two custom objects are listed, and I can import the records, but not the relationship fields?

Any suggestions?

Thank you.