function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
New_DeveloperNew_Developer 

Storing historical data

Hi,

Iam just trying to figure out a way of how to store the historical data so that that can be used for reporting purposes. I cannot set the field history tracking because there are already 20 fields on which history tracking is set and also we need all the historical data to be stored.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

itsabsoluteitsabsolute

Hello,

How about tracking using Chatter Feed Tracking?

Customizing Chatter Feed Tracking

When an administrator enables feed tracking, users see updates for objects and records they follow in their Chatter feed. Many objects and fields are tracked by default, but administrators can further customize feed tracking to include or exclude specific objects and fields.
Available in: GroupProfessionalEnterpriseUnlimitedContact ManagerDeveloper, and Database.com Editions

The Account, Case, Contact, Lead, Opportunity and User objects are not available in Database.com.

User Permissions Needed
To customize fields tracked in feeds:“Customize Application”
To view the field tracking setup page:“View Setup and Configuration”

You can configure feed tracking for users, Chatter groups, custom objects, and the following standard objects: accounts, article types, assets, campaigns, cases, contacts, contracts, dashboards, events, leads, opportunities, products, reports, solutions, and tasks.

The following standard field types can't be tracked:
  • Auto-number, formula, and roll-up summary fields
  • Encrypted and read-only system fields
  • The Expected Revenue field on opportunities
  • The Solution Title and Solution Details fields on solutions; these fields display only for translated solutions in organizations with multilingual solutions enabled
  1. Click Your Name | Setup | Customize | Chatter | Feed Tracking.
  2. Select an object.
  3. Select Enable Feed Tracking. You must have the required user permissions to see this checkbox. To restore the default feed tracking settings for an object, click Restore Defaults.
  4. Select up to 20 fields to track. You can't select fields for article types.
  5. Click Save.
New_DeveloperNew_Developer

No we cannot use chatter. theres large amount of historical data and they need the historical data for reporting

Teach_me_howTeach_me_how

Create custom object and create trigger to put there all the historical data

itsabsoluteitsabsolute

Hello,

If you cannot utilize chatter, then I recommend the solution suggestion by Teach_me_how.

Thanks,

Laura