function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KT@CiscoKT@Cisco 

What salesforce.com user to use for Email2Case feature

I am trying to setup the Email2Case client and need to configure the sdfcConfig.txt file with a Salesforce.com user account which can post to a case in Salesforce.com.

What kind of user (Role, Profile, Permissions) do I need to create in Salesforce.com before I can use the same for Email2Case feature?

Thanks in advance.
SreerupSreerup
You can create a case from any profile provided you are a administrator yourself and the administrator for the edition has provided create permission on cases to your profile
KT@CiscoKT@Cisco

I found the answer while navigating the various roles and permissions.

For others who might have the same question, here is what is required:

1. Create a user with "API Only" permission.

2. Make sure the "Email2Case" feature is enabled for this user by going to Setup-->Cases-->Email2Case and enable the same.

3. In the sfdcConfig.txt file, the password for this Email2Case user is required to have a token appended at the end. I found this after taking help from a Salesforce.com technical support person. You can generate a new token for this Email2Case user from the Salesforce.com UI and then copy and paste this token at the end of the password in the sfdcConfig.txt file.

If this additional step is not done, you might encounter "Failed API token" error when attempting to run the Email2Case client.