function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MG ConsultingMG Consulting 

WSC SOAP Stack?

Hi,

Does anyone know what the "WSC SOAP stack" is?

Context: I'm working on customizing the Email-to-Case Agent and I've figured out that they switched from using Axis to the "WSC SOAP Stack". I now understand that this is why there is no SObject.get_any() method. The problem is, I don't know what SOAP implmentation they are refering to when they say "WSC SOAP stack" so I have been unable to locate the documentation for it. Specifically, I'm not sure how one accesses a field of an SObject via the Partner WSDL with it.

Thanks a lot,

Mike 

werewolfwerewolf
What are you doing to the Email To Case agent?  Is there a good reason why you wouldn't just write an Email Service in Salesforce.com instead?

Hi werewolf,

That's a long story... but I did find a solution to my problem, check out this post.

Thanks,

Mike

werewolfwerewolf
Also, before you muck with Email To Case, be sure you can't do what you want to do with Workflow from Email Messages or an Apex trigger (or a combination of the 2).  I'd be willing to bet you could...
Good point, I actually did end up implementing the vast majority of the requirements that way. The only requirement I had to leave for the pesky Email-to-Case agent was some specialized attachment handling since the client wanted to store them in folders by Case # on their FTP server.