function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
openaccessopenaccess 

SQL access to Salesforce data

We at OpenAccess Software are debating the value of providing SQL compliant access to saelsforce.com and would appreciate any comments.  The objective is to provide a ODBC driver that allows the use of full SQL to perform read and write operations against any salesforce.com object.

Thank You.

Dipak

ben fishin'ben fishin'
I'm interested.  Got a beta? 
openaccessopenaccess

Yes. We do have a preview version that supports READ only access. You will need enterprise level access to salesforce.com. Please let me know where to send the details too. Can you tell me what you would like to initially use it for?

Thanks.

RobStewardRobSteward

I would be very interested in this.  Just from the dev side alone this would be a very valuable tool. 

Off the top of my head I'd like to...

• access SF from PL/SQL Developer
  • access SF from Excel (not using SF-Connector)
  • access SF from Powerdesigner (ER diagram tool)

ekanshekansh

Id love to see the preveiw version

neyoisles@yahoo.com

qmanqman

Hi everyone,

I just put up a beta version some code I wrote to connect SQL Server and Salesforce.com.  If you would like to take a look at it, go to www.forceAmp.com and register for the beta program.  It is beta code, so set your expectations appropriately.

Bill Emerson

Message Edited by qman on 06-30-2005 04:28 PM

openaccessopenaccess

You are welcome to download a preview version of the OpenAccess ODBC Driver for Salesforce.com. It is available at:

http://www.OpenAccessSoftware.com/support/SalesF-Files-Index.asp

The preview version allows READ access (SELECT) from Salesforce. It will expose all the objects you have acess to, including any custom objects/fields you have added. Please try it out and give us your feedback.

OpenAccess Team
http://www.OpenAccessSoftware.com

RobStewardRobSteward

I downloaded a copy of your ODBC connector.  I can get it to work with the ISQL interface but I receive an error with any other tool (excel, powerbuilder, powerdesigner) that uses ODBC connection.

Windows XP SP1 with all patches, Excel 2003 (build 11.6355.6408) SP1.

Excel error as follows

msqry32.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services 

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

openaccessopenaccess

Hi RobSteward,

You have to do following step before running any ODBC application:

Install oanet.sql.ip.dll to the global assembly cache

If you will be using the ODDC driver from applications other then the Interactive SQL (ODBC) then you need to install the oanet.sql.ip.dll assembly in the global assembly cache.

Please run the following commands from Visual Studio .NET Command Window

> cd {oa_root}\bin\iwinnt

> gacutil /i oanet.sql.ip.dll

Let us know if you have any other problem.