function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brian.ax17Brian.ax17 

retrieve - there is an error in XML document

This problem has started in the last few days, with a long established program. On several objects the retrieve api call fails with "there is an error in XML document"

This is happening on account, case, contact, lead, opportunity and task objects (others appear OK). Also the error sometimes "goes away", the following is a partial trace:
TaskgetRecordDetail(1): Error: There is an error in XML document (1259, 22).
TaskgetRecordDetail(2): Error: There is an error in XML document (528, 45).
TaskgetRecordDetail(3): Error: There is an error in XML document (13050, 21).
TaskgetRecordDetail(4): Error: There is an error in XML document (3048, 6).
TaskgetRecordDetail(5): Error: There is an error in XML document (11611, 6).
TaskgetRecordDetail(6): Error: There is an error in XML document (14958, 6).
TaskgetRecordDetail(1): Error: There is an error in XML document (1337, 6).
TaskgetRecordDetail(2): Error: There is an error in XML document (14857, 5).
TaskgetRecordDetail(3): Error: There is an error in XML document (9781, 6).

My routine retries up to 10 times, primarily to compensate for network errors. But here the retry gives the same error but at a different points in the xml, finally getting a sucessful response.
BrianO'HalloranBrianO'Halloran
I am having simular error over the last few days.

System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (2024, 25). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: This is an unexpected token. The expected token is 'EndElement'. Line 2024,
ScottDScottD
I have just started getting this error as well, in the last 2 days. My connector ran without incident for 3 months before this. Nothing on my end has chaged. Any ideas?

When retrieving accounts, I get:

There is an error in XML document (2894,29).
ASmithASmith
I've been experiencing the same issue within the last 24 hours. It's very consistent at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Andrew
SuperfellSuperfell
If you're continuing to have problems, please log a case with support.
ECCLisaECCLisa
Just for the records, I am ALSO having this problem with an application that's been running just fine and had NO CODE CHANGES. This started happening on 11/14. I'm getting both:

The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.
There is an error in XML document (3597, 10).

I have opened a case and was instructed to flush our DNS. We have done so and the problem continues (intermittently I might add). We do not hard code the IP address which was something they suspected was the problem. I'm awaiting a response.
benjasikbenjasik
We're aware of this issue, working on a fix, and will post an update when we can.
darozdaroz

ECCLisa wrote:
I have opened a case and was instructed to flush our DNS. We have done so and the problem continues (intermittently I might add). We do not hard code the IP address which was something they suspected was the problem. I'm awaiting a response.

FYI - I think support is telling everyone to have their SA flush their cache. Another customer of mine opened a support case today trying to figure out how to do a report and was told to flush his DNS cache.
Brian.ax17Brian.ax17
Jay Hurst has logged a ticket on my behalf: Case: 00629249
SimplySfdcSimplySfdc
Hi,

Is this issues is solved? My program is running properly for 2 days. Any info from moderator please?

Johan
benjasikbenjasik
The issue should be resolved as of this weekend. If you notice any issues, please log a ticket immediately.
MazAMazA

You need the following fix,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925272

It fixed mine.

Maz.