function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gubsgubs 

Can we do rollback ?

I have to update Opportunity and Opportunity line item detail into sforce.com from my application. When i update one of the line item into sforce.com and if it fails for some reason can i rollback the whole SObject ?

Thanks,

Gubs

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 

All Answers

Abhinav GuptaAbhinav Gupta

Changed Calls

With API version 20.0, you can process records for multiple object types, including custom objects, in one create()
or update() call. For example, you can create a contact and an account in one call. Previously, you could only process
records for one object type in a call. You can process records for up to 10 objects types in one callWinter

Winter'11 added these features to web services. 

Changed CallsWith API version 20.0, you can process records for multiple object types, including custom objects, in one create()or update() call. For example, you can create a contact and an account in one call. Previously, you could only processrecords for one object type in a call. You can process records for up to 10 objects types in one call

New AllOrNoneHeader SOAP Header

The AllOrNoneHeader header allows the create(), delete(), undelete(), update(), and upsert() calls to

roll back all changes unless all records are processed successfully. The default behavior is to allow partial success of a call:

So combining AllorNoneHeader with new create/update calls that can now take sobjects of diff types should help. 

gubsgubs

Thanks. Is there a url i can get more details about the API with some details and examples for the same ?

Gubs

Abhinav GuptaAbhinav Gupta
This was selected as the best answer
gubsgubs

Thanks. It helps