function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Adi85Adi85 

How to access google app engine application from sfdc

Hi All,

I have developed a sample java web application and deployed in google app engine. I want to execute that application from salesforce.

I have developed a webservice which will return a string as response. But am not able to call that service and am getting the error message like "Web service callout failed: Unexpected element. Parser was expecting element 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Envelope' but found ':html' ". 

Can any one help me to resolve this issue or please guide me how i can access my application which is there in google app server.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Aditya.

cloudcodercloudcoder

How are you calling your web service? Did you generate the Apex stubs from your WSDL?

Adi85Adi85

yes. I generated the STUB from the wsdl file and am calling my function which is there in my java class which will return a string value.

Abhinav GuptaAbhinav Gupta

I suggest creating REST web services in GAE(App Engine) and calling them simply using the HTTP classes in Apex. This will keep your code simple and manageable too, on both Java and Apex Side. 

I suggest using Jersey, Jettision, Xstream etc for creating REST webservices and returning XML/JSON response.