function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ColoradoMikeColoradoMike 

Suddenly getting " Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader: Session timed out"

I've built an application that logs in to a couple of different instances of Salesforce.  For each instance, it does the typical login and setting of the SessionId into my binding object.

My trouble is that suddenly with one of my instances (a Professional Edition instance), every once in a while I'm getting:
Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader: Session timed out

It doesn't happen every time, so I'm having a devil of a time tracking this down.

Anyone know have a suggestion as to why one might see that error sporadically?

Naturally I've triple-checked the credentials used by the application.  "Lock IP Addresses" is off and the default session timeout is set to 8 hours.

benArrayxbenArrayx
Hi ColoradoMike - I also have a integration application that I have written for a client of mine. This morning I started receiving the same error as you. This application has been running for 4+ years, there have been no changes for months and no problems until today. Did you manage to solve this problem? It seems like it is an issue on the salesforce server rather than any problem with the accessing application - can anyone from SalesForce confirm this?

Regards, Ben
ColoradoMikeColoradoMike
Hi Ben,

For the most part, the error has disappeared, thankfully. I asked a couple of folks at Salesforce about it and no one was aware of any issue.

I wish we had some real information about this issue and whether it's been corrected, but at least for now, my application seems okay.

benArrayxbenArrayx
Hi, thanks for the quick response :)

How did you get in touch with the SalesForce folks? At the moment I don't know what to do - my application is delivering a couple of thousand emails an hour to my inbox, so I've had to switch it off. I'm not sure I have any way of debugging this problem as like I say, this application has been running in it's current form without problems for years...

Cheers, Ben
SuperfellSuperfell
Please log cases with support.
benArrayxbenArrayx
Hi Simon, could you give me a link? I can't find anywhere obvious browsing this site or the main salesforce site...

Thanks, Ben
SuperfellSuperfell
login to the app, goto help & training, click on the my cases tab.
ColoradoMikeColoradoMike
Hi Ben,

It's nearly a month later and unfortunately I'm still having that same issue.  It disappeared for a while, but now it happens every couple of days.

I've logged a case with Salesforce support as well as with partner support, and alas, no one has been able to determine anything.

How're things going for you with regard to this error?

Mike