function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RamaKrishnaRamaKrishna 

Outboundmessage notification exception

hi there:

Iam new to salesforce.com. Iam trying to call external web service which is created in c# dotnet using outboundmessages and workflows. I was  not able to call external web service. iam ended up with error messages saying that "The request element <notifications xmlns='http://soap.sforce.com/2005/09/outbound'> was not recognized.".

Please let me know how to proceed further.

Thanks,
Ram
SuperfellSuperfell
[please don't post the same question on multiple boards]

Your listener is returning that message when we send it a message, this typically means you didn't import the WSDL correctly. Are you using .NET 2.0 ? did you follow the steps in the API docs for creating a Outbound Messaging listener in C# ?
RamaKrishnaRamaKrishna

Yes Simon. Thanks for the quick response. I have apolozize for posting into different groups. I have followed the steps mentioned in the docs, like created wsdl file, then using the wsdl file with visual studio command prompt tool, created a notificationserviceinterface.cs file, with this i have created a .dll file like for instance nsi.dll. I have created a new web service project and added a reference to the nsi.dll and added a piece of code available on the apex docs. Do i need to do something else apart from this? Please guide me like am i missing something? I have a doubt here like i have hosted this listener in the server, but iam wondering how this service keeps listen to apex? Is it something like i have to start this service to listen to apex? If so how to start the listener? Please help me out.

Also please let me know do i need add the listener code with referring nsi.dll in the same web service project like for example HelloWorld.asmx project or seperate project would do?

RamaKrishnaRamaKrishna

Simon; also to add to this, iam using .net 2.0 version. Also please let me know do i need to place the enterprise.wsdl and the outboundmessage generated wsdl in the bin folder of the HelloWorld web service?

Please guide me where i can get the working samples on how to call external dotnet web services from apex?

Thanks,

Rk

sarahksarahk
Hi,

I am also facing exactly the same problem.
Have you been able to resolve this issue yet and if so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sarah