function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Roelof KuijpersRoelof Kuijpers 

where to obtain OAuth id and secret key to be able to get data from REST Service?

Hi,

The documentation leads me to "salesforce" to obtain keys for OAuth identification in REST API, does anyone know where I can find or request it?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

If you need to get consumer key and consumer secret then go to App Setup-> Develop ->Remote Access. Here you can create your new remote access ,  you will also get the consumer Key and consumer secret.

Use remote access to specify remote access applications, that is, applications external to salesforce.com that use the OAuth protocol to verify both the salesforce.com user and the external application. OAuth is an open protocol that allows secure authentication.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

All Answers

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

If you need to get consumer key and consumer secret then go to App Setup-> Develop ->Remote Access. Here you can create your new remote access ,  you will also get the consumer Key and consumer secret.

Use remote access to specify remote access applications, that is, applications external to salesforce.com that use the OAuth protocol to verify both the salesforce.com user and the external application. OAuth is an open protocol that allows secure authentication.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

This was selected as the best answer
Jose PerezJose Perez

It is posible to obtain one if you are using chatter only ? 

SuperfellSuperfell

You should sign up a new Developer Edition org to create on if you're using an edition that doesn't have all the regular setup options.

patrick.wensel1.394816122194697E12patrick.wensel1.394816122194697E12
"App Setup-> Develop ->Remote Access"

doesn't work anymore, not sure whart to ge the Consumer Jey and Secret anymore?????
John IretonJohn Ireton
Build -> Create -> Apps -> Connected Apps
Masaaki FurukiMasaaki Furuki
To get Salesforce KEY and SECRET, you need to go to https://developer.salesforce.com and log in to developer site > Click "Your Name" in upper right corner to expand drop-down menu and then click My Developer Account and log in to your developer account > Again click "Your Name" to expand drop-down menu and then click Setup > Find Build section in left column and click Create in below to expand hidden menu  > find and click Apps in hidden menu (not in right column) > Find Connected Apps section in bottom of right column and then click New > Fill information to get Keys.
Mike UlloaMike Ulloa
All these answers are for creating a new Apps entry, what about an existing one? Once the app has been created where do we go to seethe Consumer key and secret?
David BermanDavid Berman
Go to Create | Apps, then scroll down and you'll see a list of "Connected Apps". Click on your app and you'll be taken to its details including its Consumer Key and Secret.
Piyush Nath 16Piyush Nath 16
As mentioned by navtar you can go to remote access (but note, in lighthning its under Custom Code) click on ur app in connected app section.you can find Consumer key and secret.

screen to get Consumer key and Secret