function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CrushCrush 

INVALID_FIELD: No such column....

Hello,

I am receiving the error:  INVALID_FIELD: No such column 'Qvidian__Opportunity__C' on entity 'Qvidian__QvidianProjects__c'.

This error is occurring when I execute the following api call:

retVal = binding.create(records)

The code works just fine when my binding login to Salesforce is an administrator.  But when the binding login to Salesforce is a standard user that has full access to the QvidianProject object, I receive the error above.

I thought that by giving the standard user full access to the object, the user would also have full access to all columns of that object.

Is there some other type of security I have to apply to each field of the QvidanProject object?

Thanks for your help.

SuperfellSuperfell

You also need to check the field level security settings.

CrushCrush

I checked the field level security and the Qvidian__Opportunity__c field shows as "editable" to the profile being used by my standard user.   So I am not sure why the error message would single out that particular field.

There are other fields which appear to be readonly to this profile.  Do I need to create an entirely different layout for my QvidianProject object and set every field to editable for my standard user profile?