function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MaverickDevMaverickDev 

SSO to access Apex web service in .NET web application

Hello,

I've already developed code in .NET which authenticate SF user (using username and password+secret key with enterprise WSDL) and can access Apex web services which modify his SF contacts.

The issue;

What if, user changes his SF password then he has to login again to .NET application (with new security token) in order to access apex web service. This could be regular process for user who changes their password very frequently which I would like to avoid.

Needed solution;

Is there a way to authenticate SF users only once thru .NET application and grant access to call apex web services without asking them SF credentials? Does SSO helps to access apex web services? and how?

Please, let me know if there is any good example with code to access apex web services using SSO, as its very urgent?

Thanks guys!!

SuperfellSuperfell

What you want is OAuth, where you get a long term persistent token for the user that does not change if they change their password. See the section on remote access in the online help.

MaverickDevMaverickDev

Thanks for reply Simon.

Can you suggest me a good example in which .NET application uses oAuth with SF to access Apex web services?

SuperfellSuperfell

I'm not aware of a .NET example.