function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GlennHGlennH 

System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'eu0-api.salesforce.com'

I am increasingly receiving this error when accessing web services: DNS is OK.

The service will be unavailable for hours at a time then start working again.

Has anyone come across this?

_Prasu__Prasu_

It seems your firewall or antivirus is restricting the access to the webservice. This message is generally whown when your application server is not able to connect to the Salesforce service endpoint.

GlennHGlennH

The problem is intermittent, resolving itself after anything from several minutes to several hour. There is nothing in our environment which aligns with the outages.

InSiteInSite

Has this issue been resolved? We are seeing the same thing. It is intermittent, usually lasting for a few minutes at most. The error we get is:

System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'na7-api.salesforce.com'.

We are not using a proxy or anti-virus on this server. We do have a firewall but it seems that if this were the reason it would not be intermittent.

Thanks

GlennHGlennH

Although initially ruled out by our network guys, the problem did end up being Network/DNS related. We were considering hard-coding the Ip address in the host file to completely eliminate DNS when the problem was uncovered.

TANUJ GOELTANUJ GOEL
Can you please let us know what was the issue identified?

Nitesh Kumar 36Nitesh Kumar 36
Helo All,

I am getting same type of error so if any one resolved this then please help me out.

I am increasingly receiving this error when accessing web services

The service will be unavailable for hours at a time then start working again.

Has anyone come across this?