function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pablorpablor 

Web Service Callout

Hi

We are trying to use WebService callout, and need a working example.

I've tried working through the example 'Apex Web Services and Callouts' at http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Apex_Web_Services_and_Callouts but can't get it to work - I think it may be because we don't have an Amazon S3 account - when I key http://s3.amazonaws.com/doc/2006-03-01/ I get:

<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>D0553BA616766C71</RequestId>
<HostId>It4ZN5WnKCGiqdT7ryrP28BPOWWlsLA/N4l4PWFPtimNOTea+CuPOBY1/KjLkw4G</HostId>
</Error>

This means we can't get the WSDL to generate the apex method

Does anybody have a simple HelloWorld type example that we can work through?

Thanks!

Pablo

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
pablorpablor

Hi

After trying months and try everything that I could think... I have the solution.

The antivirus has a option which keeps out to any email in our system. For some reason, the antivirus believes that the actions, like POST, are emails.

So when we remove this option from our server, all the actions from salesforce began to work.

I hope that this can help anyone who has this problem.

Pablo 

All Answers

MartinHaagenMartinHaagen

Hi Pablo,

the URL you entered for s3 is not pointing towards a webservice. What address is your webservice located at?

pablorpablor

Hi Martin,

That is resolved. The problem that we found is that we do not get to realize POST actions successfully with our server. We know that the problem is in some server configuration which does not allow that Salesforce enters using POST.

So if you know how I can fix it, I would greatly appreciate. Our server is redirected by Fasthost, and is running on a machine with Windows Server 2008 and IIS 7.5, frameworks which we tested were 2 and 4.

Thanks in advance.

Pablo

pablorpablor

Hi

After trying months and try everything that I could think... I have the solution.

The antivirus has a option which keeps out to any email in our system. For some reason, the antivirus believes that the actions, like POST, are emails.

So when we remove this option from our server, all the actions from salesforce began to work.

I hope that this can help anyone who has this problem.

Pablo 

This was selected as the best answer