function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AlokVAlokV 

Sharing rule for contacts

Hi All,

I have written a sharing rule for contacts. It allows users of  role AE to read/write recodrs of same role AE.

Users are able to edit certain fields but not Contact Owner field.

Criteria                                            Shared With                     Contact

Owner in Role AE                         Role: AE                             Read/Write

What should I do to allow edit permission on Contact Owner field. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Alok

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AlokVAlokV

That worked. Thanks a lot Gautam!

All Answers

gautam_singhgautam_singh
Check the Field Level Security of the Owner Field on the Contact Object. That should not be Read Only.

Important :

Hit Kudos [Star Icon ] if this provides you with useful information and if this is what you where looking for then please mark it as a solution for other benefits.

Thank You-
AlokVAlokV

Hi Gautam,

It is editable and It is not read only (visible and read only not checked). Any other pointers?

Thanks!

gautam_singhgautam_singh

Hi, 

Check if the New Owner have "Transfer Record”. Also , Users with the "Modify All Data" permission can transfer ownership of all records.

Refer Changing Ownership Guide for More details , If you are using partner Portals then you may require to have a look over this

Important :

Hit Kudos [Star Icon ] if this provides you with useful information and if this is what you where looking for then please mark it as a solution for other benefits.

Thank You

AlokVAlokV

That worked. Thanks a lot Gautam!

This was selected as the best answer