function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TilluTillu 

Multiple contacts can be associated to a single record ?

is there any possibility to make  Multiple contacts to be associated to a single record .(preferably in a primary contact and secondary contact structure similar to events) ?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
V AnandV Anand

Hi

You can create a lookup relationship on contact with object type contact and store secondary contact in that lookup reference.

And for categorizing primary and secondary contacts with 2 record types (like 1.primary record type ,2.secondary record type) in that record type page layouts retrict the access of  secondary contact lookup to secondary record type.

All Answers

V AnandV Anand

Hi

You can create a lookup relationship on contact with object type contact and store secondary contact in that lookup reference.

And for categorizing primary and secondary contacts with 2 record types (like 1.primary record type ,2.secondary record type) in that record type page layouts retrict the access of  secondary contact lookup to secondary record type.

This was selected as the best answer
TilluTillu

I was thinking your correct. please  give me step by step  for this. little  confusion

V AnandV Anand
first , create two record types 1.primary 2.seconday
2nd, create one page layout for primay recordtype .
3nd , create a lookup field with type contact as secondary contact and add this field to primay recordtype pagelayout.
thats enough
TilluTillu

i created a field lookup to contact and added to pagelayout of primary record type. i have created 2  record types primary , secondary. i assaigned pagelayout to primary record type.

can i assign this pagelayout to secondary record type? here what is the use of secondary record type.?

V AnandV Anand
for inserting secondary contact details , you need seperate page layout
TilluTillu

so for your information , primary record type is for  normally creating  contact. and when we select secondary it allow us showing Conatct filed(lookup to contact)  to create secondary contact. am i correct? 

or

For  secondary record type we need to assign some pagelayout in order to show some page when we select "Secondary"  from picklist. if select primary it shows primary pagelayout which the  secondary contact field is added .so which page layout can i assign for this?

V AnandV Anand
In default we have contact page layout, you can assign secondary recordtype to this page layout.
TilluTillu

Apolozise, i have  modification for my requirement.

i  have Policy object, 

For  Policy records.  I want to make look at making two fundamental changes, in policy object we dont have contact.  now the requirement is

1) Multiple contacts can be associated to a single record (preferably in a primary contact and secondary contact structure similar to events) and

2) A contact or contacts of a policy can be changed after the record is initially saved.