function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NHKNHK 

Missing picklist values for a Record Type

Hi All,

We have a Record Type say 'TypeA' on Task object. The picklist values for Priority field on task object is mising for this Record Type.

In the Priority picklist we have three values - 'Normal' , 'High' and 'Low'. I have added all these three values for the Recordtype 'TypeA' and selected 'Normal' as the default value. But i can see only Normal in the picklist, the other two values are missing. There are no field dependencies also. Can any one please help me on how to display other two picklist values for RecordType 'TypeA'.

Thank you,

NHK

AroraAnupAroraAnup

NHK,

When you choose Record Type A while creating a Task, I believe the Priority should already show as NORMAL as it is set as default. So you mean you cannot see High and Low if you try to change this value?

You may want to double check the Record Type settings for this field by going to App Setup-->Customize-->Activities-->Task Record Types-->Record Type A-->Priority (Edit) and ensure that High and Low are in the Selected Values column

Let me know how it goes.

NHKNHK

Hi CloudKnight,

Yes i have checked and the values 'High' and 'Low' are in the selected Values. Strange thing is, if i remove the Value 'Normal' from the selected values, stil it is showing in the Picklist when i select that record type. So i think i am missing something else and not in the Record Type Picklist values. Can you please suggest some more cases where i should search to figure this out?

Best Regards,

NHK