function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
divingglobaladmindivingglobaladmin 

Subscriber Support Console

CAVEAT: this question should be asked on the 'Adminforce' or 'ISVforce' boards - but since they don't exist and my quagmire has officially moved to 'Desperation' in the status picklist ...

I need to build a process for an ISV customer support environment (Sales Cloud).

Use case: a Client buys the ISV app from the AppXchng, the ISV uses LMA & Partner Order to process the order, then the Client receives a single Admin license for the ISV's app. When the Client has a problem, s/he contacts the ISV. The ISV uses the Subscriber Support Console via the LMA Subscribers tab to login to the Client org.

This is where the breakdown occurs: the Subscriber Support Console appears to provide 'quasi-full' Admin perms. The ISV can do almost anything, except install an app from the app exchange and select other 'high-level Admin functions.' The curent solution is a WebEx with the Client who must login, sit idly by, and allow the ISV to work. Not a 'customer-focused solution' ...

My only idea thus far is a second Admin license the ISV retains to login not via the Subscriber Support Console. But the ISV isn't interested in eating the cost of an Admin license for every Client they onboard.

Notes:

1. the Subscriber Support Console looks awfully similiar to BlackTab - but per SFDC, this is not BlackTab

2. per SFDC the Subscriber Support Console is fully explained via: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/packagingGuide/index_Left.htm  but this info seems to reinforce my takeaways above

3. PartnerForce is impressively not helpful

I'm hoping there are other ISV / Admin / hack-developers on this board who can help. Pls don't flame me for posting this on devforce - I'm just that outa ideas ... another way to look at it is devs know everything so hopefully one of the many geniuses here can help (eyeroll) 

TIA. Seriously. HUGE TIA.

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Diving Global Admin, 

This is a great request, Please log an Idea, our PM will look into adding the feature.

https://success.salesforce.com/ideaPost 

Regards,

Ashish

divingglobaladmindivingglobaladmin

Done.