function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RockerRocker 

Unable to change the value of "probability" on the stage field on the Opportunity object

I am getting the following error when trying to change an existing "probability" value fro 25% to 15% on the Stage field on the Opportunity object:

Unable to Access Page

The value of a parameter contains a character that is not allowed or the value exceeds the maximum allowed length. Remove the character from the parameter value or reduce the value length and resubmit. If the error still persists, report it to our Customer Support team. Provide the URL of the page you were requesting as well as any other related information.

Has anyone run into this before? How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks!

Manuel Dangond

Suresh RaghuramSuresh Raghuram

Hi 

are you passing this field from one page to other through button url or some other means.

If it is going through URL and it contains special symbols like % you should find a way to make it as URL friendly. 

To check Wheather my suggestion is right or wrong remove the % symbol and do as usual to repeat the error.

If this answers your question, make this as solution and If you are satisfied give kudos.

Thanks,

Suree.

RockerRocker

Thanks Suree. The problem is that I am using the standard edit screen from Salesforce to do this, so I should not be getting an error like this. There is no apex code or visual force page involved with this. I am simply clicking on the "Edit" link to the left of the stage I am trying to update. It's all standard funtionality that should work!

Thanks for your help anyway!

Manuel

Nazeer AhamedNazeer Ahamed

We cannot change the probability directly, it is tightly tied with status field.

David ReeceDavid Reece

I ran into this recently. Logged a case with support.

They informed me that the issue was caused when the following conditions are in place:

1) You have an account roll up summary calculating opportunity amounts

2) You have managed dated exchange rates enabled

These two features are not compatible but it appears to have a knock on effect on modifying the stage probabilities.