function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SalesforceDeveloper.ax1288SalesforceDeveloper.ax1288 

SSO and Salesforce Mobile

How I do make a soap call when salesforce users login from Mobile? I want set their password to network passwork. Any suggestion is appreciated. At this point I have no idea what to do.

In Support of SSO and trying to not loose the ability to access the Mobile Salesforce App, can we get assistance with the following questions ?
We are attempting to setup a connection from our Quest QuickConnect server to SalesForce so that QuickConnect can update a users SalesForce password with their Active Directory password. We need to know what permissions the service account (api account) needs to update a users password and other attributes like title, company, etc)
We need to know if it is possible to have SalesForce set its Password history, Password Complexity, Password expiratory, etc to disabled so the AD password would be accepted no matter what. We need to make sure that the password requirements are following the Active Directory requirements and not SalesForce requirements. This would avoid any issues with the password being sent to SalesForce

Thanks

Cory CowgillCory Cowgill

The architecture you want to implement here is SSO for SFDC. SSO uses SAML 2.0 and is compatible with Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS). 

Using ADFS and SFDC you can establish SSO. When you do this, the users password is not even stored in SFDC. SFDC will call out to the ADFS server to perform authorization.

When a user needs to login to the SFDC from outside their internal network they provide their SFDC Username, but the Password is their AD password (Since SFDC calls ADFS to retrieve authroization, it passes the Password to ADFS to authorize).

Here is the implementation guide:

http://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_single_sign_on.pdf

Here is the Wiki on setting up ADFS with SFDC SSO:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Single_Sign-On_with_Force.com_and_Microsoft_Active_Directory_Federation_Services