function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
amruta_dhumalamruta_dhumal 

Will trigger invoke when any wf rule execute

Hi

I've one wf rule,and also written trigger on after insert,after update event.Now I am worrying about when this wf rule execute ,it will update status field of custom object and purpose of trigger is when any status changes of that custom object,then update the status field for another object.

Amruta

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
harshharsh

In the Workflow field update set Re-evaluate Workflow Rules after Field Change to true.then your trigger will fire!

All Answers

AshlekhAshlekh

I think this link will help you because in by this link you can understand the execution process.

when the field is updated by work flow then before and after trigger fired again only  for one time.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_triggers_order_of_execution.htm

imutsavimutsav
Your Trigger will be executed first and then the workflow rule.

Thanks
Utsav

[Do mark this answer as solution if it works for you and give a kudos.]
harshharsh

In the Workflow field update set Re-evaluate Workflow Rules after Field Change to true.then your trigger will fire!

This was selected as the best answer

Thanks for the reply,what does that means 'Re-evaluate workflow rule'?

Amruta

harshharsh
After field update then triggers & workflows related to that object will be fired again!
AshlekhAshlekh
Re- evaluate is option, when we creating a work flow there is three option :
created
created, and every time it’s edited
created, and any time it’s edited to subsequently meet criteria

The third one very interesting because when we give the criteria in work flow which meet the criteria and change the value of the filed which we select in criteria and again we give the same value of that field and wf agian excute and to stop this we select thsi one.

Thanks.....it's worked !!!

Amruta