function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AB003AB003 

Web to lead not generating leads

Hi All,

I need help. The web to lead is not generating lead in production. I checked the the web page. THe html code include both these importants tag lines which points to our SF production but then also no lead created. What is the reason? Please help

<form action="https://cs17.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8" method="POST">

<input type=hidden name="oid" value="00Dg000000055Uf">

Thanks

A

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Prafull G.Prafull G.
Hi A,

Things to check/validate-
1. Action is pointed to correct instance. The URL mentioned in your post points to Sandbox i.e. cs17. Hope you updated this correctly on web to lead form for Production nstance
2. Check the validation rules on lead object that may force record creation
3. Make sure Field Ids (if any new field is deployed to production) is updated correctly on Web to Lead form best way to generate new webtolead from in production)
4. Additionally, you can try to debug the web to lead form. To debug, you have to uncomment debug lines in web to lead form. example
<input type="hidden" name="debug" value=1>
<input type="hidden" name="debugEmail" value="yourname@email.com">

Please give it a try and let me know if you are able to trace any specific error.

Cheers!

Cheers!

All Answers

Nazeer AhamedNazeer Ahamed

Is the web to lead from generated from production or migrated from sandbox?

Prafull G.Prafull G.
Hi A,

Things to check/validate-
1. Action is pointed to correct instance. The URL mentioned in your post points to Sandbox i.e. cs17. Hope you updated this correctly on web to lead form for Production nstance
2. Check the validation rules on lead object that may force record creation
3. Make sure Field Ids (if any new field is deployed to production) is updated correctly on Web to Lead form best way to generate new webtolead from in production)
4. Additionally, you can try to debug the web to lead form. To debug, you have to uncomment debug lines in web to lead form. example
<input type="hidden" name="debug" value=1>
<input type="hidden" name="debugEmail" value="yourname@email.com">

Please give it a try and let me know if you are able to trace any specific error.

Cheers!

Cheers!
This was selected as the best answer
AB003AB003

Hi I figured out. The fields from which the user had in their web2lead form was not aligned with the SF field. So, the whole form was passing an empty value since the field in form doesn't correspond to the SF field.

Thanks

A

Patricia Pietsch WeiskePatricia Pietsch Weiske
@ab003, can you tell me where you mapped this?  I am having the same issue