function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chris_centrachris_centra 

slow deployment - any strategies?

Hello.  one of the orgs that i work in has a lot of apex/vf, and deployment is pretty slow.  the average to deploy is anywhere from 30-60 minutes.  (related note: last night i deployed something and it was still "in progress" 12 hrs later.  just got of the phone with support and they said there was a server glitch during the deploy, so it went into limbo, but didn't change status, so i had no way of knowing.  they told me to re-deploy.)

anyway, i understand that it has to execute a lot of test coverage, i understand it's a multi-tenant environment, etc etc etc.  but does anyone have any strategies for decreasing deployment time?  to me, even 15 minutes seems unacceptably long.  i typically wait about an hour which is terrible...

thanks for your time.

chris

AdminBoosterAdminBooster

Deployment time can be long because of bulk testmethod.

One option could be to reduce the bulk quantitiy in production, but keeping the full bulk (to test limits) in sandboxes.

Just put a bulkvalue as a label (200 in sandbox, 2 in production) and use it in your test methods (in the "for" loops). This could increase the deployment speed