function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AnidevAnidev 

Activities Done

Hi All,

This is with respect to over all usage of a particular org.

The requirement is that i have to get records of "all modifications" done by "all users" after logging in.

It is similar to "setup audit trail", however we are extrapolating it to the complete instance and to all users and activity that they might have done.

For e.g. user A logged in at 19.00 hrs and edited "Account", etc ........

Hope i was able to articulate clearly.

Many thanks in advance,

Regards,

Anidev

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Tim BarsottiTim Barsotti

I don't think SF has the built in functionality you are seeking. Here is the built in "field level history"  documentation. 

http://na4.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/tracking_field_history.htm

If you wanted to have a full audit trail of all fields and all records I think you would need to create custom objects and triggers to house all of this data. However, be advised each modification that you log would take 2kb of data and would quickly consume lots of space in SFDC. 

Other possible solutions would be to create an external data warehouse that would log everything via trigger and API call outs. 

Thoughts?

All Answers

Tim BarsottiTim Barsotti

I don't think SF has the built in functionality you are seeking. Here is the built in "field level history"  documentation. 

http://na4.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/tracking_field_history.htm

If you wanted to have a full audit trail of all fields and all records I think you would need to create custom objects and triggers to house all of this data. However, be advised each modification that you log would take 2kb of data and would quickly consume lots of space in SFDC. 

Other possible solutions would be to create an external data warehouse that would log everything via trigger and API call outs. 

Thoughts?

This was selected as the best answer
AnidevAnidev
Thanks for the reply Tim.