function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
apex_keenapex_keen 

Integration with external system(data loader)

Hello!

My client is using some legacy  tool(available online, licensed)for  various purposess that includes maintating accounts & contacts information. Now they want, that information should also go to salesforce.com.

For this, it was suggested to data loader CLI to automate import of data as we dont to use web services etc for this

On talking to owner of that tool, he suggested that he will build an ODBC connection on some machine, using which we can get data.

Now I've few questions:

1) How can I utilize that ODBC connection information in Data loader to automate process? I know, I have to put info in database.conf file of dataloader . Could I get all info needed by database-conf file from that ODBC connection?

2) ODBC connection will be built in m/c  located remotedly. would that cause any sort of trouble ?

Thanks !

AmitSahuAmitSahu

I have done something like this before....may work for you as well.

You can run some batch commands on the machine where Data loader is installed to pull data from ODBC connection and store the output as CSV file. Run another batch process which will get the CSV file and insert into SFDC.

You have to check the interval between the download from ODBC connection and upload to SFDC

apex_keenapex_keen

Hello,

Thanks much for your reply. I've to start building  MYSQL based ODBC connection

Do you know by any chance parameters to put for following:

<bean id="dbDataSource"
    class="?"
    destroy-method="close">
  <property name="driverClassName" value="?" />
  <property name="url" value="?" />
 </bean>

Any sample values could also work as I don't know the syntax for these. thanks!